In 1837, a group of neighbors saw a need for a place to worship and bonded together to form Concord Baptist Church. This little church was constituted under a shade tree about one mile from its present location. In 1897, a need for more space became apparent, and funds were raised to build a second meeting house, which was completed on April 1, 1905. This church building served the people well for the next four decades as the congregation continued to grow and prosper. Struggles and challenges were met with much determination, sacrifice, and prayer. Time was taking its toll on this building; it became necessary to renovate or build a new one. The decision was to build, and a third meeting house was completed in 1948 and met the needs of the people for another four decades. It now serves as a small Chapel in addition to being an education building for Sunday School and children’s ministry activities.
Concord has always been mindful of future growth. As time passed and the church congregation continued to grow, being filled to capacity for most services. The people again stepped out on faith, and a beautiful new meeting house became a reality, being dedicated on May 5, 1991. The Church Complex now includes a Fellowship Hall, a Family Life Center, and a new 3 story education building.
Concord’s cemetery is one of the oldest and largest in the area. Civil war, WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam Veterans are buried there.
Concord has been blessed with outstanding leadership, promoting outreach, evangelism,
and missions, at home and abroad throughout its history. At Concord, we continue to rejoice in the love and power of the Lord Jesus Christ.