Weekday Preschool at Concord Children here at Concord Baptist Church's Weekday Preschool play a lot. However, it is productive play. They are meeting friends, playing with toys, looking at books, listening to music, singing, sharing, and learning to be away from mommy and daddy. We want your children to learn through "having fun".
Our goal at Concord Weekday Preschool is to:
- Teach about God & His Word
- Have Christ - centered fun
- Develop Social Skills
- Develop & expand language skills
- Creative art experiences
- Cooperative play experiences
- Learning to share adult's attention
- Learning to follow directions
- Learning social skills needed to play games and make friends
- Becoming independent
- Learning from others
- Cover the appropriate curriculum so that when the time comes for your child to start kindergarten that he/she is prepared.
- In our pre-k classes, curriculum groups start at mid-year. Students are placed in a curriculum group where they will thrive. We offer a starfall reading group for those that have mastered our pre-k curriculum goals, a pre-k curriculum group, and a group that focuses on letter recognition.
- Teacher/ student reviews will be performed at the beginning and the end of the school year. Mid-Year and Year-End Progress Reports are completed for all ages.
- Before leaving our preschool programs, parent/teacherconferences will be held at mid-year and end of the school year to inform you of your child's progression over the year.